Saturday, September 11, 2010

out in the raaain.



i love ee cummings, he is probably my very favorite poet of all time. if you don't know why, read beloww....

in time of daffodils

in time of daffodils(who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why,remember how

in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so(forgetting seem)

in time of roses(who amaze
our now and here with paradise)
forgetting if,remember yes

in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek(forgetting find)

and in a mystery to be
(when time from time shall set us free)
forgetting me,remember me

Now i lay(with everywhere around

(Now i lay(with everywhere around)
me(the great dim deep sound
of rain;and of always and of nowhere)and
what a gently welcoming darkestness--

now i lay me down(in a most steep
more than music)feeling that sunlight is
(life and day are)only loaned:whereas
night is given(night and death and the rain

are given;and given is how beautifully snow)

now i lay me down to dream of(nothing
i or any somebody or you
can begin to begin to imagine)

something which nobody may keep.
now i lay me down to dream of Spring

a total stranger one black day by E. E. Cummings

a total stranger one black day
knocked living the hell out of me--

who found forgiveness hard because
my(as it happened)self he was

-but now that fiend and i are such
immortal friends the other's each

xxx
in short, i love that guys work. all of it is... lovely. speaking of LOVELY i went for a bike ride in the rain today~ it was an adventure. it was a minor ride, just around town and back, and i WAS soaked when i got home but it was worth it. it was my first real ride in the rain and i thought i might catch pneumonia but... theres something about riding around town in the pouring rain, it felt like i was the only one alive.... oh my gosh that sounded pathetic. anyways, it was gorgeous and worth being cold and soaked in the end. ahem. so, im excited, me and court are gonna wreak havoc on the world later today ;) yaaaaay.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. You know. I really love poetry but for some strange reason i never read much of ee Cummings. I'm deffinitely going to start now though. Those really were lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had actually forgotten all about him... then i randomly remembered and voila~ looove instantly. thanks, i thought so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poems! I especially love the last one. <33 I second what Rae said... I've never really read much of E. E. Cummings, either, but now I really want to!

    Love the last picture, too, did you take that?

    ReplyDelete